Tuesday, November 23, 2010

New Cat!

So, I was out at the farm taking care of Ruby, and when I went to grab her hay out of the main trough and put in in her personal feed trough, I saw a cat laying down in the hay, shivering cold, and desperately trying to stay warm. She started meowing, which attracted the attention of the two springer spaniels. They immediately were trying to jump on the hay to get at her, and she had to run to the top of the stack of hay bales to escape from them. Mind you, the hay bales stack about 8 feet tall. I shooed the dogs off, and grabbed a thick leather hide glove and cimbed up to go get her. The glove was just in case she was a legitimate farm cat and tried clawing or biting, because those things can be mean as fuck. Sydney (one of the spaniels) broke his way back into the barn and took a flying leap to get on one of the bales, and climbed his way up to the top. The poor cat had to get up into the rafters to get away from him. I had to climb up on the very top bale--talk about sketchy as fuck! That whole pile was wobbling!-- to yank her off the rafters. She had her claws dug into the wood pretty damn deep. I was kinda worried that she might attack to get away, but I was wrong. As soon as I had her in my arms and tucked her into my coat, she starting purring and nuzzling her head into me. I knew I couldn't leave her out there, so I took her to the car and we left. I knew Eric wasn't going to be too happy with me either, but he would just have to deal.
Once I got her home and got her introduced to Cabela and Sergeant, I gave her some food. I actually had to pick her up and stop her a couple times, because she was eating so fast I was beginning to worry if it was too much for her stomach to handle. She is about the same size as Cabela, but she was about 1/3 of her weight at the time. She was severely dehydrated as well. She is doing wonderful now! She's a very loveable cat, and I think she'll love me forever for saving her life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment